Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Happy Constitution Day (an email invite to happy hour)

It's Constitution / Citizenship Day which of course means one thing, we got to celebrate. So let's wrap ourself in the American flag and sing songs of freedom.  I'm going to stop before this turns into a Bob Marley sign along or Tea Party rally.

It's been a while since we paid tribute to our favorite but obscure holidays and we have some making up to do. I mean, pretty soon it will be election season and "we are political animals", if I can paraphrase Aristotle (Nicapedia, 2012!)  By the way, Please donate to Nicapedia, you can now pay in booze via paypal. But we should celebrate by drinking our whisky rations. Or tequila, I mean, I'm not going to judge.

Help me pick a spot on dtla for this Friday, because we love democracy, and we'll see how high we can score on our citizenship test; the elementary kind not the USCIS kind. See you there, fellow American! 

And then I give a deadline and contact info.  And that is how I write a happy email. .

No comments:

Post a Comment